Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dominican Blowout


This is me with my natural hair. No gel or nothing. Air Dried.
And this is my with my Dominican Blowout.
This is how my hair look 5 days after I got it done.Oh this is also right after a 5 inch trim. My hair has grown since this photo.

I have been getting Dominican Blowouts most of my teenager/adult life. Who knew that they actually had a NAME. Growing up as a bi-racial child in a Italian family, I was regulated to a horrible mushroom cut. (no I will NOT post pictures). As a child I had short, curly, fluffy, fuzzy hair. My Italian grandmother had NO idea what to do with my hair.... never mind how to maintain it.

As I got older as much as I loved my beautiful spirals, I like the look of pin straight hair. I learned I had to allow my hair to grow OUT before it grew DOWN. I needed the weight of the hair in order to obtain length. When I was 13, I was introduced to the Rollo Set and haven't looked back. I generally only get my hair done for AMAZING celebrations.. which only ends up being once or twice a year.

I am amazed and I am hooked. I now have natural (I don't dye or use any chemicals in my hair) waist length amazing spiral curls, and when I want I am able to get the HIP length pin straight hair I had always dreamed about.
Although I am curious about the Brazilian Blowout... I may try it ... but ONLY on my bangs....not that I have bangs but I would GET bangs ..hehe..

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your hair is gorgeous!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am returning the favor. :) http://my2centswithagrainofsalt.blogspot.com/

Sasha said...

Thank you so much Elizabeth!

Post a Comment